What is BCA Course and Duration ?
BCA is a professional degree course whose full form is ” Bachelor of Computer Application ” . It is a 3-year long undergraduate degree program. In BCA you are taught about computer applications, computer science and software.
Eligibility for BCA Course
• To Get Admission in BCA, first of all you have to pass 12th class with good percentage, also you can pass your 12th class from any stream. However, there are some colleges where it is necessary to have Science, Maths and Computer Science subjects to take admission in BCA course.
• You should have at least 45% marks or More in 12th class, only then you will get a good college
• To do BCA from a reputed and Recognized college, you have to pass the entrance exam which every college organizes itself.
As soon as your BCA degree is completed, then try to apply for internship in computer field or IT companies. This makes your profile stronger, so that later you can get a good job in a MNCs .
What is the duration of BCA course?
BCA is 3 years undergraduate degree course which you can do after 12th class.
What is fees of BCA Course
Usually the fee of BCA ranges between 1 lakh to 2.5 lakh. Where private colleges have more fees which can be up to 8 lakhs, the same government colleges have less fees from where you can do BCA in 50 thousand.
BCA Government Colleges
If you do BCA from Government College then your fee can range from 40 thousand to 1.5 lakh. These are the government colleges that offer you BCA Course :
• JNU Delhi – Jawaharlal Nehru University
• YMCA Faridabad – JC Bose University of Science and Technology
• GGSIPU Delhi – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
• Aliah University, Kolkata
• IGNOU Delhi – Indira Gandhi National Open University
• Government Science College, Bangalore
• Ambedkar Institute of Technology
• Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
• St Joseph’s College
• Jamia Hamdard University
BCA Private Colleges
If you do BCA from a private college, then your fees can range from 2 lakhs to 5 lakhs. These are the private colleges that offer you BCA Course :
• Goswami Ganesh Dutta S.D. College, Chandigarh
• St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru
• Stella Maris College, Chennai
• Christ University, Bengaluru
• Loyola College, Chennai
• LPU – Lovely Professional University
• Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
• CT University (CTU), ludhiana
What To Do After BCA Course?
After doing BCA course, you get a lot of knowledge about computer Field, such as how a software is made, how it is used etc. After doing BCA, you can do the job of a software engineer, along with this you can also do the job of website developer.
After BCA Course List
After doing BCA, you can do direct job, but if you want to go for higher education then you can do different courses in many fields.
- MCA / Master of Computer Application
MCA is a 3 year post graduate degree program. It consists of 6 semesters. This is a vocational course, which is a full time technical course. Advanced application development is taught in MCA. After doing this, you can do the job of software developer, mobile app developer, website developer in any company.
- MBA / Master of Business Administration
MBA is a 2-year post graduate degree program. It consists of a total of 4 semesters. To take admission in MBA, you have to clear CAT exam which is considered one of the toughest exam in India. MBA gives you a master’s degree in business administration. After passing the CAT exam, you get admission in the prestigious college IIM i.e. “Indian Institute of Management“.
3. MIM / Master in Information Management
MIM is a 3-year postgraduate degree course. After doing MIM, you can do jobs like System Analyst, Computer Network Artitech, MSI Director, Videogame Designer, Consultant, Mobile Application Developer.
4. MCM / Master in Computer Management
MCM is a 2 year post graduate degree program which you can do after doing BCA. After doing this, you can do jobs like Information Security Analyst, Database Administration, Computer System Analyst, Computer and Information System Manager.
How many subjects are there in BCA?
There are total 6 semesters in BCA. Different subjects are taught in each semester. In BCA, you are taught about computer basic, networking, web development, programming languages like JAVA, C++, Python etc.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|PC Software Lab||Visual Programming Lab|
|C Programming Lab||Data Structures Lab|
|Introduction To Programming Using C||Data Structures|
|Digital Computer Fundamentals||Case Tools Lab (CIA Only)|
|Foundational Mathematics||Basic Discrete Mathematics|
|Statistics I For BCA||Operating SystemsCommunicative English|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Introductory Algebra||Language Lab(CIA Only)|
|Interpersonal Communication||Web Technology Lab|
|Financial Accounting||DBMS Project Lab|
|Software Engineering||Programming In Java|
|Database Management Systems||Computer Networks|
|Object Oriented Programming Using C++||Java Programming Lab|
|Oracle Lab||Financial Management|
|C++ Lab||Professional English|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Python Programming Lab||Advanced Database Management System|
|Web Designing Project||Introduction To Soft Computing|
|Graphics And Animation Lab||Multimedia Applications|
|Business Intelligence||Client-Server Computing|
|Unix Lab||Cloud Computing|
|Python Programming||Computer Architecture|
|Graphics And Animation||Design And Analysis Of Algorithms|
|User Interface Design|
|OOAD Using UML|
Salary After BCA
• After doing BCA, your starting salary can be between 1.5 lakh to 7 lakh per annum, which can be up to 15 lakh per annum after 10 years of experience.
• If your job is in big companies like HP, TCS, Infosys, HCL then it can be from 5 lakh to 15 lakh per annum in the beginning.
• If you do a government job after BCA, then your salary may initially be 50 thousand per month, along with which you also get government allowances and other facilities and with time it can increase up to 90 thousand per month.
Jobs After BCA
After doing BCA, you can easily get a job in a private company as a software developer, technical assistant, system administrator, programmer. HCL, HP, Infosys, TCS, Capgemini, Cognizant, Flipkart, Amazon are some of the major companies that recruit BCA Candidate.