After completing MBBS, if you want to go for higher education, then you have a lot of options here too. Today we will tell you about higher education in India. If you want to know about Non Medical Career Options after MBBS then you can read this article. So let’s talk about PG Courses After MBBS.
M.S. / Master of Surgery
Most of the children do MS ie “Master of Surgery” after doing MBBS. This is a full time postgraduate course of 3 years. In this, the student is told about how to treat the diseases. After doing MS course you are called a surgeon. Students can give this entrance tests to take admission in MS .
NEET PG (National Eligibility Entrance Test Postgraduate)
AIIMS PG (All Indian Institute Of Medical Science)
JIMPER PG ( Jawaharlal Institute Of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research )
MS Course Fees : 1 Lakh to 15 Lakh
MS Course Salary: 80 thousand to 1 lakh per/ month
Colleges for MS in India
• Christian Medical College – [CMC]
• Banaras Hindu University – [BHU]
• Kasturba Medical College – [KMC]
• St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
• Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
M.D / Doctor of Medicine
MD means “Doctor of Medicine“. After doing MD, you can easily do job in any hospital. With this, you can also open your own hospital. You can do MD from these branches .
• MD – Clinical Pharmacology
• MD – Neurology
• MD – Gastroenterology
• MD – Endocrinology
• MD – Cardiology
Apart from this, you can do MD from many branches.
Which you can see here
MD Fees – 10 lakh to 15 lakh
MD Salary – 80 thousand to 1.5 lakh per/ month
Colleges in India for MD
• Grant Medical College, Mumbai [ Exam – NEET PG ]
• Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon [ Exam – NEET PG ]
• AIIMS Delhi – All India Institute of Medical Sciences [ Exam – AIIMS PG ]
• MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore [ Exam – NEET PG ]
• CMC Vellore – Christian Medical College [ Exam – NEET PG ]
MBA i.e. “Master of Business Administration” is a 2-year postgraduate course. To do MBA in India, you have to clear CAT or GMAT exam. After doing MBBS, you can do MBA from these subjects.
• MBA in Healthcare
• MBA in Hospital Administrator and Health Care Management
• MBA in Healthcare Management
• PGD in Health Management
• PGD in Hospital Administration
MBA Fee – 2 lakh to 10 lakh
MBA Salary – 60 thousand to 2.5 lakh per/ month
Colleges in India for MBA
• IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management
• IIM Bangalore – Indian Institute of Management, Karnataka
• VGSOM IIT Kharagpur – Vinod Gupta School of Management
• IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
• MDI Gurgaon – Management Development Institute
The demand for candidates with MBA degree with MBBS is very high in private hospitals and pharmaceutical companies, so you can think of doing MBA.
If you are interested in research then you can go for Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy) in Clinical Research after doing MBBS which is of 3 to 5 years. Get in PhD by NET, GATE, ICMR, GPAT entrance exam. These colleges offer you PhD / degree after MBBS:
• AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
• PGIMER ( Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education & Research )
• TATA Institute Of Fundamental Research
• Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Research – New Delhi
PHD Fee – 1 Lakh to 5 Lakh
Clinical Researcher Salary – 4 lakh to 12 lakh per/ month
India is still far behind in the field of research, so there is a lot of demand for clinical research. After this, institutions like ICMR, CCMB, St John Research Institute give you the opportunity of research.
Government Jobs After MBBS In India
• Government Institutions
From time to time, there are recruitments for vacant posts in central institutions i.e. AIIMS, Government Banks, Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), JIPMER, PGIMER, FCI, then you can get government jobs in them.
• CMSE Exam
CMSE i.e. “Combined Medical Services Examination” is conducted by UPSC every year. After passing CMSE you can become a government doctor. A CMS doctor are recruited in Railway Department, Indian Cannon Factory Health Service, East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, South Delhi Municipal Corporation, Central Health Service.
• State Medical Exam
Every state conducts exam for the recruitment of medical officers. You can get government jobs after MBBS by filling these form like Orissa Public Service Commission (OPSC), Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) etc.
• Union Public Service Commission – UPSC
You can fill the UPSC form after completing MBBS graduation or in the final year. UPSC is the favorite government Exam of the students. After doing this, you can get jobs in posts like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. Along with this, you can get the job of medical officer in central institutions by giving the exam of CMS conducted by UPSC.
After Knowing to Career Options After MBBS , you can make a career in any of the above mentioned courses. But whatever course you do, do it from a good college, first you prepare for government Exam like NEET PG, AIIMS PG. After that you can also get in good private colleges.