Pursuing an MTech course after completing a bachelor’s opens a lot of career options. Due to high competition in JEE Mains and engineering exams, many students are not able to pursue engineering from government colleges. Due to this, the second most favorite course of those students is B.Sc. Even in B.Sc, most of them get admission in Computer Science and IT. But after doing B.Sc, many students think of doing an M.Tech course instead of M.Sc. So today we will know in this article that Can I Do M.Tech After BSc through Gate.
Mtech after BSc – Possible or not
Students cannot do an MTech course directly after B.Sc because the minimum educational qualification required to do an MTech course is 4 years undergraduate degree. As a B.Sc is a 3-year undergraduate degree, you will have first to complete M.Sc or MCA which is a 2-year degree, after which you can apply for MTech.
MTech after B.Sc integrated course
Some students do B.Sc + B.Ed course which is 4 years, so can they do an M.Tech course? No, to do this course it is necessary to have an MSc or MCA degree.
Information about the MTech course
It is a 2-year postgraduate professional degree course that offers a master’s degree in the field of technology. Students can do a Master of Technology (MTech) course with various specializations like Civil, Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanics, etc. Along with this, you can also do specialization on one subject in these specializations. Talking about Computer Science, after B.Sc/MSc you can do M.Tech with these subjects.
- Data Science and Big Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- cyber security
- software engineering
- computer networks
- cloud computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Should one go for an M.tech course after a B.Sc?
The answer depends on your interest as m.tech is a technology field while bsc is a science-related field. If you are interested in the teaching field, then after doing B.Sc + M.Sc and qualifying NET, you can go into the teaching field and apply for the post of Assistant Professor in universities and colleges, whereas if you want to change your field and want to study in the field of technology, and want to go into IT then apply for MTech course after doing M.Sc.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national-level exam that is conducted in February. After passing this exam, you get admission to the Indian Institute of Technology IIT. Through a GATE score, you can be admitted to MTECH in any engineering college.
Gate After BSc
Gate exams can be given even after doing BSC, in this students can give Gate exams in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, and according to their BSC subject. The advantage of preparing for the GATE exam after B.Sc is that you can know every concept of your subject well and in the future, you can easily pass any other national exam like TIFR, NBHM, ISI, CMI, etc.
|Can I do an MBA after bsc computer science (CS)?
|How to do an MSc from IIT? IIT MSc Courses & Fees
IIT JAM or GATE After BSc
Through the JAM exam, you can be admitted to an MSc course at IITs. If you are in the second year of B.Sc., then you have a lot of time left to prepare for GATE, whereas if you are in the final year of B.Sc., then start preparing for IIT JAM and first complete M.Sc. from IIT. And if you wish to do MTECH then you can give GATE in the first year of M.Sc.
|mode of examination
|Computer Based test CBT
|Computer Based test CBT
|number of questions
|part A (30 questions)
part B (10 questions)
part C (20 questions)
|number of subjects
|general aptitude and
|marks per question
|one mark and two mark
|one mark and two mark
|MCQ – 1/3 for 1 mark questions and 2/3 for 2 marks questions
MSQ/NAT – no negative marking
|Part A ( 1/3 for 10 questions and 2/3 for 20 questions)
Part B and C – no negative marking
|3 years from the date of announcement of the result
Benefits of the GATE exam after B.Sc:
- Gate Tag: Even if a student is just GATE qualified, he can add it to his CV which proves that the student has studied every subject in depth during BSc because in the GATE exam, every question is asked in such depth that this is considered to be the most difficult exam.
- Research: After passing the GATE exam, students can apply to various research companies based on B.Sc. Since the validity of the GATE score remains for 3 years, after doing an M.Sc., you can show the GATE score while applying for a Ph.D.
- Scholarships: Many institutes offer scholarships for MCA and MSc based on good GATE scores. So if you pass GATE in B.Sc and get a good score then you get financial aid later.
- Integrated MSc PhD: Apart from IIT JAM, some good institutes also provide admission in integrated MSc PhD courses based on GATE scores. After doing the integrated course, you can easily go into the teaching or research